Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Artichoke Tablescape

Continuing to stretch my creative muscles I am participating in Tablescape Thursday over at Between Naps on the Porch again this week.




Its a great exercise for many reasons: using my product, creating something beautiful from what we already own, honing my product photography skills, and a 3dimensional artistic challenge.

Not to mention a wonderful excuse to buy fresh flowers and the end result is a lovely dining room or a special dinner with my husband.

A win-win activity.

This week I chose my artichoke towels as my jumping off point. Dug out the dishes that were intended to be our everyday but proved to be too easily chipped. Also dusted off the hand painted flutes (a wedding present from a dear college friend).  Creating a dinner palette of warm browns and refreshing greens.

Once again it was great fun and it even inspired my 4-year old daughter to create her own tablescape in the kitchen (while I was busy photographing) in anticipation of lunch.

Dishes Sango Splash
Placemats from Perch Home

8 comments:

The Style Sisters said...

Love the artichoke towels! Great tablescape! Come on by and link up to my centerpiece Wed.

Karin

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Such pretty colors! And I see LOTS of promise in your little one's tablescape. It's great she's having fun "playing in the dishes" with Mom!

Barbara said...

I really like those dishes. Sorry to hear that they chip easily. Your towels look great on the table. I am smiling at the thought of your little one following in your footsteps.

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love artichokes..they are so beautiful. I also love thistles...they are related to artichokes and to me are just gorgeous...thorns and all :)

Blessings!
Gail

Tricia said...

Oh, I love this color combination! And your artichoke towels are wonderful! Did you create the placemats, too?

erin rogers pickering said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments!
No, Tricia - I would like to try my hand at placemats but I bought those in a local shop on clearance. Price was too good to pass up. :-)

Alycia Nichols said...

The artichoke towels are great!!! Artichokes are "the forgotten fall veggie" that need more of a platform. They really bring style to your table setting! Cute what your daughter did...she'll be doing her own thing on Tablescape Thursdays in a few years! Have a great weekend!

erin rogers pickering said...

Alycia - I agree... artichokes deserve more credit and attention. :-)