Thursday, June 2, 2011

SOMA Artist Open Studio Tour... countdown

"Sunset over Vieques", acrylic on canvas, 30x40, copyright Erin Rogers Pickering

Only 2 days to go to the SOMA Artist Open Studio Tour.  I have a list a mile long of things I still need to do.  Not the least of which is to clean the house.

And, all I really want to do is paint!  Preparing for an exhibition like this makes me take a really good look at my work. Inhabit it.  Be back in the space when I created each piece.  
It feels good. 
And it inspires me to want to create more... and more.

Though there is no time or space for painting in the final days/hours leading up to the show that is where my thoughts keep returning. So I am taking notes on what I want to work on come Monday and, I will be super charged to jump right in.





No comments: