Thursday, June 26, 2014

Welcome... The Color of Doors


There is growing trend by us to paint the front door in a bright or unexpected color.  And, I love it.
From the charcoal grey house around the corner with the lemon yellow door.
To the colonial blue beauty with a vibrant orange door.
And, most especially the turquoise and teal gem-tone doors I have seen on a variety of homes.
I LOVE them!  So intriguing and inviting.

The Turquoise Door, watercolor & ink on paper, copyright Erin Rogers Pickering
This is not a trend where you then match all the trim and the shutters to the door - the beauty of it is the bright and compelling front door that invites you in.  Like a secret treasure chest, I would think entering a home greeted with color like that would be a daily treat!  
It would be for me.  

Unfortunately our front door is not a paintable surface or I might be compelled to experiment with a few choices, week to week.
Welcome, watercolor & ink on paper, copyright Erin Rogers Pickering
If our next home does have a paintable door, look out - the color fun begins!


No comments: