Friday, May 17, 2013

The Unpredictable Muse

"Sisters", acrylic on canvas, 12"x24", copyright Erin Rogers Pickering

It's funny, though I shouldn't be at all surprised, but I had planned to paint a large series of paintings inspired by the Mississippi Delta Blues, music that moves me beyond words.  And, is my go-to music now matter what I am painting.

But, don't you know... my Muse had other ideas.  Every time I meditated or ran, the paintings that kept asking or rather demanding, to be painted were dress forms.  
I am not sure I can get them all done by the Studio Tour, June 2nd, but am surely being guided (pushed) by a source larger than me.  I have learned not to fight inspiration... and to let it take me where I belong...
"Tea with the Ancestors", 10"x10", watercolor on paper, copyright Erin Rogers Pickering

So, my studio has it's fair share of dress forms waiting to be unveiled. And they make me very happy. 
I am just glad they are on canvas and paper, and not actual forms on stands - otherwise there would be no room in here for me!!


No comments: