Thursday, April 24, 2014

Home brewed cold remedy


I had been burning the candle at both ends recently even though I know it never bodes well.  But I was juggling a few part time gigs, and commissions, and they dovetailed and all came due in the same week, so I did what I had to.
And got it done.
Unfortunately, sleep and self care lost priority.
And, then Easter arrived, hosting the families, and the party of 20+ was a lovely, fun and happy day!  But the cold that my hubby had at the start of weekend took hold - quickly!

I have never done well with cold medicines and such so I rely on natural methods.  Like water (lots of it!), sleep, hot tea, my nettie pot, essential oils - and my new favorite...
home brewed cold remedy!


Easy to make, soothing to sip, and very 'fragrant' (to say the least).
Ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper, lemon and honey brew.
Each packing a punch in what they bring to the immune boosting table.
I totally recommend trying this the next time you have a cold or sore throat.


No comments: