Last weekend I was cooking for a crowd and made my first spaghetti squash to serve as a pasta alternative for those who didn't eat grains... and was seriously surprised at how easy and super tasty it was!
Now, I am not saying you would eat it and not know the difference between the squash and a spaghetti noodle, but it was delicious and it did the trick for me.
1. The most difficult part is cutting it in half. Be sure to use a strong knife and watch your fingers!
2. Scoop out the seeds and pulp with a spoon. You can save the seeds for roasting later if you like.
3. Place both sides face down on an olive-oiled roasting pan.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes at 375 degrees.
5. Remove from pan and allow to cool enough to handle.
Using a fork scrape out the insides of the squash - it really comes out like thin noodles.
6. Eat - and Enjoy!