Friday, October 7, 2016

An Indoor Herb Garden - Fresh Herbs with Dinner


https://www.etsy.com/shop/eringopaint?ref=hdr_shop_menu&section_id=6768336


I am terrible with plants. I love them but they are pretty much in the process of dying while in my care.
The bad-with-plants expression is quite often referred to as 'A Black Thumb', but I prefer to call it a RED thumb.  Red being the opposite of green, seems a more accurate description.
Red like - STOP, before you kill that poor unsuspecting plant! 


But, though I truly stink at it, I can't help but keep trying. I love having fresh herbs and flowers around.  The aroma and the beauty are unmatched. As for cooking with fresh over dry - there is no comparison in flavor.


Now as we say
goodbye to summer I have been possessed  to get an indoor herb garden set up. We have been in our house over a year I have identified the best spot for them to soak up the shining sun!  The ledge has been cleared, the area set, and I started with two plants from the kitchen window sill to pre-populate the spot. A basil plant and gerbera daisy.


Yesterday I added rosemary and cilantro. The smell of the rosemary in the living room is amazing. Looking forward to adding more to the garden and more fresh herbs to my cooking.

You can see my more of my work in my Etsy shop Erin Go Paint. Or check out my recent 100 Day Project on Instagram





No comments: