Monday, October 3, 2016

Butter Coffee

https://www.etsy.com/listing/481889261/coffee-illustration-kitchen-art-print?ref=shop_home_active_1

There is butter.
There is coffee.
Both lovely in their own way. And in their own right.

I would have never thought to put them together. But after stumbling upon this odd and intriguing combination I had to try it. 
Basically replacing the milk with butter. Grass fed organic butter to be exact.  I decided to give it a try.


https://www.etsy.com/shop/eringopaint?ref=l2-shopheader-name&search_query=100+day
I love coffee with coconut oil. And I have been known to give my morning java a hit of chili powder to warm things up on a bitter cold January morning.
But butter... I am really not sure I like it.

It does soften the coffee so it is not quite like drinking it black.  It still has a bitter edge that I am not sure I would get used to. 
Or care to get used to - though it did inspire a fun sketch and colorful illustration - and anything that inspires my daily sketch is a win!


What I did learn from this experiment are the benefits of grass fed organic butter, which we will use from now on, whether it is in coffee - or on GF toast.



You can see my more of my work in my Etsy shop Erin Go Paint. Or check out my recent 100 Day Project on Instagram





No comments: