Friday, May 8, 2009

Art and healing

"Iris" watercolor on Darches paper, copyright Erin Rogers Pickering

I guess it's not that surprising but the more I heal, the more energy I have so the more I paint. By late fall last year I was really starting to feel the change so took a leap and opened a shop on Etsy. If I was painting again, I might as well put it out there for the world to see.

And, they came looking. I have been featured in a variety of places recently and found out yesterday that my Iris print is the Etsy Item of the Day today and featured on the blog of the same name. I am honored to have had my work chosen.

Coming back to my art, and being able to enjoy - & keep up with - my daughter, have been the two greatest gifts of living gluten free.


1 comment:

Rene (Twitter.com/renelynch) said...

Hello fellow Jersey girl! I am a writer and editor at the L.A. Times and I just tripped over your blog. Could I use one of your images on our blog (www.latimes.com/dailydish) if I credit you and then link to your blog and your twitter feed? Please let me know. I can be emailed at rene.lynch@latimes.com Either way, good luck with all that you do. It sounds like quite a journey. I am so happy for you that as you get healthier, your artistic productivity does as well -- a lesson for every one of us. All the best!