Monday, January 23, 2017

Ode to Pie... National Pie Day!

Monday January 23rd - National Pie day!
 illustration from Nov/Dec 2014 Simply Gluten Free Workbook Illustrated
illustration from Simply Gluten Free Nov/Dec 2014 Workbook Illustrated
  

Pie is awesome, I would say we can all agree on that, but I know there are others that for some crazy reason prefer cake. 

But I am, and always have been, a pie person.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/eringopaint?ref=hdr_shop_menu&section_id=6768336
To me they are all incredibly delicious...
Pecan
Pumpkin 
Sweet Potato
Chocolate Cream
Cherry
Banana Cream
Coconut cream
Lemon Meringe
Peanut butter
Blueberry
Buttermilk
Apple  

And while we are at it - Shepard's Pie and Pot Pie
Not a bad one in the lot!

Now that I have made myself really hungry... I may need to bake one this evening - what is your favorite pie? and your favorite gluten-free pie topping? 
I am a huge fan of either whipped cream or meringe.


Enjoy!

If you enjoy my art you can find more in my Etsy shop Erin Go Paint.  Or check out my daily illustrations on Instagram

No comments: