Thursday, February 23, 2017

Celery - it's what's for breakfast!


https://www.etsy.com/listing/218141215/be-healthy-kitchen-art-veggie?ref=shop_home_active_5


More raw vegetables! - one of my resolutions as we rolled into 2017. Easy to say, and even easier for that decision to slip away in the day to day routine.
I realized even if I made the effort a few days a week it would be an improvement.  Every little bit counts. Every little bit adds up.

At the top of the list was to add more dark leafy greens (the kale crisps are a tasty option), second only to more celery!  
I have been reading so much on the tremendous health benefits of celery so I keep looking for interesting ways to add it in. 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/eringopaint?ref=hdr_shop_menu&section_id=6768336
     Reduces inflammation
     Detoxes
     Helps prevent kidney stones
     Aids digestion
     Loaded with vitamins, minerals and fiber

I chop it into tuna, egg or chicken salad, tossed salads, soup, jambalaya, but recently I have been experimenting with my magic bullet for breakfast... blending a stalk or two with a combination of the following that I have on hand: carrots, bananas, frozen strawberries, orange juice, yogurt, etc. 

I like to play and make different combos each time to see what I can create.
My favorite is 
1 stalk of celery
1 carrot
6 frozen strawberries
2 oz of OJ
2 ice cubes.
Refreshing and inspiring!


https://www.etsy.com/listing/465513807/strawberry-season-8x10-kitchen-art-print?ga_search_query=strawberry&ref=shop_items_search_1

If you enjoy my art you can find more in my Etsy shop Erin Go Paint.
Or check out my daily illustrations on Instagram




No comments: