Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Reflections


Before the holiday weekend is in full swing I am taking a few moments of quiet reflection to consider all that I am thankful for.

I am thankful... our house stood strong during the wrath of Sandy, as so many others were not that fortunate.
Thankful that we were without power for only 8 days.
Thankful that our curbside tree fell into the street, and not the other way.
Thankful for a strong and helpful community.
Thankful for the supplies we did have on hand.
Thankful for our library where we and hundreds others found refuge, power, and recharging each day.
Thankful I had made all my October deadlines before Sandy forced me to take a 2 week vacation(?)
Thankful for our friends who invited us to their home each day.
Thankful that these friends have a gluten-free home, and that was one less thing I had to worry about.
Thankful for Betty at the fish counter for giving us 2 bags of ice when we couldn't find any.
Thankful to be illustrating for Simply Gluten Free Magazine.
Thankful for the GF community I have found on Twitter.

Thankful for my family, my friends, my husband, my daughter.
Thankful to anyone still reading my list!  :)


Wishing everyone a wonderful gluten-free Thanksgiving Holiday!

No comments: