Monday, January 19, 2015

Monday Motivation... Avocado Cutter - My Favorite Kitchen Tool


I love avocados!  I could eat them everyday, and quite often I do. (I have even sketched more than my fair share of avocados)
And my love of guacamole borders on obsession. Guacamole is one of the most delicious, healthy and oh so satisfying naturally gluten free snacks around!
So when my husband bought me this OXO Avocado Cutter - it may have been the best present I have ever gotten. It is certainly my absolute favorite kitchen tool.  
The curved green top is a blade (1) that easily slices through the avocado, the pitting tool (2) grabs the pit so it can be taken out smoothly -  and beautifully with no loss of any precious fruit. I have had more than a few pits shoot across the kitchen as I attempted to scrape the last of the fruit off.
Then you can cleanly scoop and slice it out of the skin with the fan blades (3). And if you are careful enough you can achieve perfect slices for a salad presentation.

Most of the time I am making guacamole so I am not concerned with perfect slices, but it certainly makes scooping it out of the skin so much more efficient than a spoon or fork!
Bottom line it is infinitely easier to eat healthy when the prep is quick and painless, and this tool makes it so.



Click here for a FREE printable pdf of my Gluten Free Blessing 



No comments: