Monday, June 22, 2015

Lemon and Ginger for what 'ales' you

Last night I was up in the middle of the night because of an accidental gluten ingestion.  Was it the chips marked GF or the Tamari marked GF?  Not sure but neither consideration makes me happy.  Nor does it make me feel safe about labeling and supposedly safe food production.  I will approach each with caution, or most likely avoidance!

Not feeling too terrible this morning, though tired from the loss of sleep due to late night bathroom visits. But, whenever this is the unfortunate circumstance I have a few go to foods the next day:
First and foremost - a lot of water.

After a few glasses of plain water I add fresh squeezed lemon and fresh grated ginger to the water... that I drink all day long.  It's delicious and refreshing and the ginger especially works wonders.  And makes a lovely drink to sip on any day.



My formula is pretty simple on these kind of days peeled apples, bananas, cooked rice and plain yogurt.
And time... plenty of time.

No comments: