Monday, September 15, 2014

Gluten Free Potato Leek Soup


I am always SO sad to see summer, and sandal wearing season, come to an end.
But Fall is the start of soup season, and there is nothing quite like a fresh pot of home-made soup simmering on the stove.  Talk about comfort food.  It's cozy, warm, hearty, filling the house with a yummy aroma... and if you are making it yourself then you know it's gluten free.



I am a big fan of Potato Leek soup and made a large pot last year after setting up the shots for my Simply Gluten Free assignment from March/April 2013.  Truth be told, I had never made my own potato leek soup until I was faced with a large pile of chopped leeks.  But it was really quite easy!  We were experimenting with a dairy free diet for my daughter at the time so I found a recipe that didn't call for cream. Instead it is whipped in our magic bullet creating a very creamy texture without the milk or cream. (be sure that any beef or chicken stock you use is gluten free)

It was a tremendous success - and the batch went fast!  Now as we move into cooler, and yes sadly shorter, days... it's time to break out the soup pot and start chopping leeks!
If you enjoyed my art you can see more here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
We would like to share your blog's recipes on myTaste Australia (www.everyrecipe.com.au).

Adding your blog will make your content available to our users and send you additional traffic. To have a better visibility and compare the number of visits of your blog with other popular Australian sites, install the myTaste widget.

You can add your blog from the main page in the Top Blogs section (Food blogger? Join!).

Hope to see you soon on myTaste,
myTaste Australia