Thursday, July 15, 2010

Week #7 of 52 Week Challenge


"Eye to Eye" watercolor on paper, 8x10, copyright Erin Rogers Pickering

Success!

The giraffe is finished and I feel like celebrating and crying (crying from joy, release and relief). I placed him on a shelf where we could view him, wiped my tears, and opened a bottle of wine.

Somehow, I turned a corner with this painting. A BIG corner. My demons were lurking but I faced them, and more importantly, got past them. The demons that try to derail the vision. The demons that make me question my ability. The demons that say there isn't enough time. The demons who torture me into thinking it is never quite finished.

It may be one little 8x10 watercolor painting but it is a giant step for me.

And, now it's time to start the next one!

No comments: